Thursday, March 13, 2008

Introduction to Work in Progress: Lists

When I was in college, my English professors commisserated with me about the challenge of writing a first paragraph, a first sentence, or a first page. It's hard! Now I am writing a first post and I think it's going to flop, but there has to be a first, right? (The college professors advised me to start writing in the middle, as in Write the middle of the plot, Write the middle of the essay, Write the second point of your thesis paper first, and then write the introduction last. That was great for academic writing, but for a blog? Hah!)

Anyway, here are some stats (it's list number one! yay!):
  • Name: Krista
  • Location: Chattanooga, TN
  • Other blogs? Yes -- Work in Progress
  • Marital Status: Married
  • Children? No (not yet)
  • Languages: English (mother tongue), Latvian (fluent but rusty)
  • Religious? Yes--I'm a Christian (to narrow it a bit--a Presbyterian who adheres to Reformed Theology)
  • Family: Husband, Dad & Mom (still married to one another), Sister (she's married, they have no children), Aunt
  • In-Laws: MominLaw, DadinLaw, SisterinLaw, and two BrothersinLaw (one of which is marred and has a child)
I can't think of anything else to put in the Most Vital to Knowing Me list.

I've had a few ideas bubbling around for this blog, and I decided to go for it. It'll reveal itself as it goes. Hopefully.

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Krista,

What a fun blog idea. I love lists!