Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Daily Chores

In my quest to become a better homemaker (and believe me, I have nowhere to go but up), I'm trying to compose a list of Chores I Must Do Everyday, and Chores I Ought to do Everyday but Thankfully the House Won't Implode if I Don't:

::Chores I Must Do Everyday Before I Go to Bed::
  • Wash Dishes
  • Wipe Down Kitchen Sinks
  • Wipe Down All Countertops and Stovetop
  • Put Clutter in Living Room Away
  • Straighten Couch Cushions
  • Put Clutter on Dining Table Away
::Chores I Must Do Every Morning::
  • Make Bed
  • Get Breakfast
::Chores I Ought to do Everyday but Thankfully the House Won't Implode if I Don't::
  • Wash All Dishes
  • Wipe Down Bathroom Sinks
  • Check Status of Laundry to Decide When to Do Laundry*
  • Check Status of Husband's Bread to Decide When to Bake Another Loaf
  • Sweep Kitchen
::Bonus List (List of Lists)::
  • On Fridge: List of Random Things to Buy (ie, laundry detergent, flour, socks)
  • On Fridge: List of Projects (ie, Organize Laundry Room, Clean Out Winter Clothing)
  • On Fridge: List of Birthdays and Holidays so I Don't Forget to Send a Card
---

*I know, I know, I should have a Designated Laundry Day, but I don't. That's not how I roll. I'm just trying to get the basics down!

No comments: