Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thankfulness #1

Salvation.

Who:
I was saved. Me.

Why:
Because Jesus loves me. (Not because of anything else...like beauty, brains, brawn, personality, stature, birth order, ethnicity, natural ability...nope. Just because Jesus loves me.)*

How:
By faith in Jesus Christ alone.

From:
1. From eternal judgement in hell. 2. From a life lived in the dungeon of self-service. 3. From a life wasted on the emptiness of folly.

For:
1. For eternal paradise: being in God's presence, united with all believers, to worship God forever. 2. For a life lived in the freedom of God's commands.** 3. For a life spent on the fullness of Godly pursuits.

Salvation! Unless I focus my heart on this fact, I'll grow prideful (like I did something special/was something special to earn salvation) or depressed (like I'm not being good enough to maintain). The plain and simple truth is this: that I am saved because God loves me, and that can't change!



---
These facts are based on these references:
*And because of him [God] you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord." --1 Corinthians 1:30-31 ESV
**The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. --Psalm 16:6 ESV

No comments: