Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Meme

  1. Never in my life: have I eaten shrimp. I'm sorry, but when you can see the entire animal (head to crawly wiggly little toes), it's not appealing.
  2. When I was five: we moved. My parents still live in that house. If I ever lose my eyesight in a tragic accident, I would have to move to that house, because I know it so well.
  3. High school was: four years.
  4. I will never forget: the view of the lane from the front porch at Center Hill. It curves and goes up the hill. A beautiful apple tree is in the curve.
  5. Once I met: the man who would be my husband, I still had no idea I would be his wife in seven years. Trust me, if I had known...I would have run, and fast, because we were both sooooo young.
  6. There’s this girl I know: who is getting married in just 2 weeks! Hooray!
  7. It really annoys me when: people don't use proper punctuation. Honestly, people, how hard is it to distinguish between a comma and a semicolon, huh?
  8. Once, at a bar: ...nothing. I can't remember a time I was ever in a bar. Well, this one time, I was in the Dublin Airport bar...but nothing happened. It sounds a whooooooooooooooooole lot more exotic than it was.
  9. By noon, I’m usually: mostly awake!
  10. Last night: we watched two episodes of the West Wing, had spaghetti for dinner (I have so much spaghetti sauce in the freezer, and as we have no money, it's "Guess what we're having for dinner, honey. Spaghetti again!"), and I embroidered. I know. We're dull like that.
  11. If only I had: my dream job. My interview today got me thinking. I know, it's a dangerous thing for me to be thinking outside the box like this.
  12. Next time I go to church: I will share with everyone why I am so STOKED!
  13. What worries me most: is that one or both of my parents will get Alzheimer's and die before they die. Or, alternatively, that we will go to war, my husband will be called up for the draft, and right when he leaves I'll discover that I'm pregnant (with quints) and that he'll be gone for years and when he comes back (if he comes back), none of the five of them will know who he is and will cry uncontrollably at the stranger in their house. (Wow, that's a lot of fears rolled into one. At least it's irrational and I can shuck it off!)
  14. When I turn my head left I see: my desk. Covered in clutter.
  15. When I turn my head right I see: a blank wall. It used to have this horrible print of Robert E. Lee (previous tenants left ALL their stuff in the house and they were SuperSoutherners) which we gave to our good friends the Trygars.
  16. You know I’m lying when: I don't meet your eye.
  17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: not much. I don't remember the music or the hair or the ... whatever else people remember when they reminisce. I was in elementary school in the eighties. And we weren't speaking English at home yet.
  18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: doing a lot of monologues!
  19. By this time next year: I'll be a few months from turning thirty.
  20. A better name for me would be: Krista. There is no better name. I like my name. It encapsulates me.
  21. I have a hard time understanding: why liberals who are so hung up on tolerance unendingly mock Christianity. It's irrational.
  22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: study Linguistics and/or English as a Second Language.
  23. If I had a one-way plane ticket, it would be: not the only one! I'd have to go wherever I go with Hubby.
  24. You know I like you if: I tell you about my insecurities. I like you if I trust you.
  25. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: Hubby, then Mom and Dad.
  26. Take my advice, never: ever let your irrational fears control you. For me, it was the Fear of Roaches. Now I can kill them--stomp them with bare feet! Hah!
  27. My ideal breakfast is: Two eggs, toast, coffee, and Gin Rummy with Mom and Dad.
  28. A song I love but do not have is: a Latvian choral song called "Sun, Thunder, Latvia."
  29. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: (A) walk along the riverfront, have Lupi's pizza, Rembrandt's coffee, and walk the Walking Bridge, or (B) have breakfast at the Omelette Parlor on Fillmore Boulevard, drive through Garden of the Gods on the way to the Pikes Peak Toll Road, drive up Pikes Peak, take the obligatory pictures, drive down, and have late lunch trackside at Guiseppi's pizza.
  30. Why won’t people: travel--people, spend a year of your life living in a city, in a state, in a region, in a country that isn't where you grew up!
  31. If you spend a night at my house: you will get to sleep in. We believe in sleeping in.
  32. I’d stop my wedding for: nothing! Well, maybe a tornado. Or a heart attack.
  33. The world could do without: people who think their way is the only way to do everything.
  34. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat those baby chicks like they do in the "Suvivor" eating challenge; you know, the ones that are still in the shell. Claws and beaks and feathers, oh my.
  35. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: Maija, Cayleigh, Keira.
  36. Paper clips are more useful than: staples.
  37. If I do anything well it’s: laugh, and break the ice with strangers.
  38. I can’t help but: eat. I love food!
  39. I usually cry: when I'm leaving home.
  40. My advice to my child/nephew/niece: try new experiences! Travel! See the world! But wherever you go, make it Priority One to systematically build yourself a support system. You've got to have supports!
  41. And by the way: green is my favorite color.

No comments: